Sunday, June 25, 2017

Mr. President, May I remind you...

  

 Mr. President, with all due respect, I'd like to remind you of one of your most important campaign promises. Mr. President, you pledged that if elected you would, "repeal and replace Obamacare with something much better". In fact, Mr. President, you pledged this campaign promise, not once, not twice, but several times over.  You pledged to "repeal and replace" Obamacare. When campaigning, Mr. President, you never once said you would simply "dress up" Obamacare and call it something anew. Not once did you mention higher premiums, gigantic medicaid cuts, or an age tax increasing their healthcare premiums by 800%. Not once did you, Mr. President, mention you would allow states to do away with the essential healthcare protection benefits section. Not once, Mr. President, did you mention that you would not repeal and replace Obamacare, but dress it up, rename it as so it could provide higher tax cuts for millionaires, billionaire, insurance companies and drug companies. Not once, Mr. President, did you mention the newly proposed healthcare bill would do nothing to benefit Americans making under 200k and decimate the American healthcare system. Not once did you, Mr. President, tell Americans that you had no intention of helping them be able to afford healthcare. Not once did you, Mr. President, tell Americans watching the many presidential rallies that you had no intention of fully repealing and replacing Obamacare. 

    Did you lie Mr. President? Did you lie to the millions of Americans who supported and voted for you? Did you lie or did you just not think repealing and replacing Obamacare was all that important? Shame on me, I suppose, as I thought you realized the severity of repealing and replacing Obamacare. As you, Mr. President, and all of Washington knew Obamacare was imploding, forgive me as I was under the impression you did know the urgency and severity of repealing and replacing Obamacare. Why, Mr. President, you yourself even had a plan of your own. Mr. President you even published a seven-point healthcare reform plan. Your plan actually repealed Obamacare. Your plan broke down state barriers that prevented the sale of health insurance across state lines that made the health insurance of individuals premium insurance payments fully tax deductible. Mr. President, your plan was supposed to provide more affordable healthcare for Americans. Mr. President, your plan was to provide higher quality healthcare for Americans. Perhaps you've forgotten your jabs at Obamacare. Let me refresh your memory, as I remember your jabs quite well. I remember, as I was a victim and felt the pain of being under the dreaded Obamacare. I laughed as you joked to those at a rally held sometime last year. Mr. President, you said that one would have to be dying as to reap the benefits of Obamacare. In all seriousness, I thought I might die just signing up for Obamacare. I'm quite sure some did. 

   Mr. President, I am sorely disappointed in you at present. The newly proposed healthcare bill is not the plan you touted as your seven point plan. The newly proposed bill does not lower healthcare premiums. The newly proposed healthcare bill does not provide higher quality care for the American people. Mr. President, the newly proposed healthcare bill does not benefit the American people making under 200k. It benefits the millionaires, and billionaires, insurance, and drug companies. Mr. President, the newly proposed healthcare bill benefits the very people that you said your plan would not benefit. Why, Mr. President, your seven point healthcare plan was to benefit the millions of hardworking Americans that so desperately needed a break and tax benefits. Mr. President, I ask, how can you endorse the newly proposed healthcare act that is opposed by even those in your own party? The Donald Trump I voted for would call out this plan for what it is. the Donald Trump I voted for would tell Republicans to rewrite the bill until the bill was a truly new bill. The Donald Trump I voted for would advise the Senate to work day and night until they came up with a bill that truly replaced Obamacare with a better healthcare plan. The Donald Trump I voted for would tell the American people that this newly proposed healthcare bill would decimate an already failed healthcare system. The Donald Trump I voted for would have looked at the newly proposed healthcare bill and said to the senate, "you're fired". Mr. President, the man I voted for would have looked out for the American people , the people who supported and voted for you. Mr. President, the people have spoken and the people can speak again. We, the people, voted for a man that said he would "repeal and replace" Obamacare. We, the people, did not vote for a man that said dress up and change the name of Obamacare. Mr.President, just as we the people voted for you in 2016, we can just as easily not vote for you in 2020. Mr. President, it is my hope that I will be again voting for you in 2020. Mr. President, I must remind you, "repeal and replace"!
(c)Sean Bianca GOPGIRL 2017








No comments: